Stream

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Daily Special: Week 6

This week included a number of movies that reminded me that while I am almost 32, I am still a child at heart.

Below are my movies of the week:


February 2
               Groundhog Day (Directed by Harold Ramis) Still a favorite of mine to watch with my dad every year. Similar to our yearly Christmas Vacation viewing we still find new things to point out each time that make us laugh.

February 3
               The Spectacular Now (Directed by James Ponsoldt) Miles Teller is going to be a big time actor in the near future. This is a very well written and told story. There is nothing flashy about it, just a really solid movie.

               The Mask (Directed by Chuck Russell) This is still one of my favorite Jim Carrey movies. Thank you Amazon Instant for letting me revisit my childhood for a little while.

February 4
               Drive Angry (Directed by Patrick Lussier) If you didn't know better you might think this is a 70's action movie with cheesy acting and lots of gun fire. Then you realize it isn't after Nic Cage delivers his classic Cage-isms.

February 5
               D2: The Mighty Ducks (Directed by Sam Weisman) The quack attack is back jack. This is my favorite movie from the Mighty Ducks trilogy. This is also the first time I really noticed that Disney liked to reuse the same child actors in a number of their movies.

February 6
               Welcome to the Jungle (Directed by Rob Meltzer) This Jean-Claude Van Damme direct to video film is not very good but it has its moments. I decided to watch it because I am a fan of Adam Brody. It took me most the movie but I finally figured out where I knew the lead female was Megan Boone the lead on NBC's The Blacklist.

February 7
               Philomena (Directed by Stephen Frears) This was the last Best Picture Oscar nominee that I had to see. I saved one of the best for last. I don't see it winning best picture but it definitely deserves the nomination. The one part I had a hard time with was realizing that it is a true story.

February 8
               The Lego Movie (Directed by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller) Growing up I loved to play with Lego's. Who am I kidding? I still love to play with Lego's. This movie was very fun and thought provoking at the same time. The humor was good for all ages. Everything is Awesome!!!

               Oblivion (Directed by Joseph Kosinski) After a few rough years Tom Cruise has been making some good movies lately and this is one of them. While not preferable to everyone I still enjoy the story and plot twists. I am still waiting for the graphic novel to get released though.

               Cool Runnings (Directed by Jon Turteltaub) One of my childhood favorites as well as one of the best Olympic themed movies ever. I still get shivers as I watch the final run for the team and its outcome.

Days Watched: 39
Movies Watched: 61

No comments:

Post a Comment