Stream

Monday, July 7, 2014

Daily Special: Week 23

This week had an above average amount of bad movies. I blame it all on Keanu Reeves.

Below are my movies of the week:

June 1
               Gangster Squad (Directed by Ruben Fleischer) I can see why this movie was a bit of a bust. It had action but wasn't very interesting at all. I didn't mind looking at Emma Stone though, that is never boring.

               Unforgiven (Directed by Clint Eastwood) I am not sure why this movie won so many awards. I found it very slow and just uninteresting. I like the cast but it just didn't work for me in this movie.

               The Emperor's New Groove (Directed by Mark Dindal) Completely random Netflix pick. Not a very good animated film, but also not too bad either.

               Step Up 2: The Streets (Directed by Jon M. Chu) I came across this movie playing on TV and in the first 5 minutes Channing Tatum showed up on screen so I continued watching. Sadly two minutes after he showed up he was gone from the movie for good. The end of this movie is hilarious to me because there are a number of continuity errors with filming.

June 2
               The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest (Directed by Mick Jackson) For some reason I never get tired of watching this movie. I watch it every couple of years and enjoy it just as much as the last time. There is nothing special about it, it is just fun to me.

June 3
               Chain Reaction (Directed by Andrew Davis) This movie isn't that old to make it believable that Morgan Freeman could be smoking a cigar in a museum.

June 4
               Barbershop (Directed by Tim Story) This is one Ice Cube comedy that I never get tired of watching. I still remember seeing this and Miracle in the same day back when they were originally released.

June 5
               Snake Eyes (Directed by Brian De Palma) Nic Cage has gotten a bit crazy in recent years with his movies. This movie however had me focused from beginning to end.

June 6
               The Langoliers (Directed by Tom Holland) I remember when this was set to originally air as a miniseries on TV. The previews looked cool and the first night wasn't that bad. Then the Langoliers, or as I called them giant meatballs, showed up and it was all downhill from there.

June 7
               Johnny Mnemonic (Directed by Robert Longo) Keanu Reeves sure knows how to pick shitty roles. This might be the worst thing I have ever seen him in.

               Red Dragon (Directed by Brett Ratner) This prequel to Silence of the Lambs is just as creepy, if not more so. Ralph Fiennes was beyond scary in this movie.

               The Siege (Directed by Edward Zwick) Very intense movie about what could happen if martial law was enforced. I found it interesting that some of the stuff mentioned in the movie happened in real life just three years later.

               All-Star Superman (Directed by Sam Liu) I really like DC animated films but it seems like every other one involving Superman is set in a universe where Lois Lane doesn't know his real identity. Can they just make a universal decision about whether or not anyone knows Clark and Superman are the same person?

Days Watched: 158
Movies Watched: 281

No comments:

Post a Comment